Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thursday ramblings

"In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning." F.Scott Fitzgerald


Sleep is the last great unfettered refuge to many of us, particularly to those with worries. But what happens when that precious sleep is interrupted and taken over by thoughts that we cannot seem to control. We end up with worries that pile in on us, unrequested and yet - here.

Charles De Lint said - (author) "Problems are not something you should try to solve in the middle of the night." Problem solving in the night, whilst you are awake, is often one of the greatest causes of misery.

So should we stop trying to problem solve? How can we solve this dilemma?

I think that we are best to leave it to sleep time. In sleep, what dreams may come...I find that for every problem I have, my dream consciousness has the answer. It may not be the answer that I want, but it is the answer that I need.

When I am lost, when I am floundering, I ask my mind to give me the answer. Sometimes it takes a day, sometimes it can take a few days, but the answer does come.

Sleep - that precious gift that does more than just refresh the body. It also refreshes the soul.

Blessings,

Carmel Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment