Monday, April 18, 2011

Challenges in our lives

Each day when I awake, I open my eyes and my heart to the world with no expectations.

But being a mother, a wife, a friend, and a Medical Intuitive I soon discover that there is some some problem, awaiting me.

This is inevitable and it is inescapable.

This is life. Life is a series of problems given to us to solve. Life is a series of challenges for us to run, jump and leap over. Life is painful and messy and dirty and delightful. Life is the way that I look at it.

And I can look with fear or I can look with awe.

I can look with wonder and delight or with sheer, cold horror.

I personally meet with people each week who are sick, who are dying, who have lost heart, lost faith, lost purpose, lost path. I hear them speak about their world and their life. Some speak as if they were the only one who has stood where they stand or has trod where they tread.

Their daily expectation sets the tone for the day that they are about to live through. Some of them take all the slings and arrows in their stride, and some of them crumble under the weight. I have compassion for both responses. I have had both myself. But I know that the belief that life is moving as it should is the one that will sustain you.

Because life truly is a series of choices and you are what you choose to respond to.

No comments:

Post a Comment